Faculty of Precision Engineering
Precision engineering and manufacturing issues are becoming ever more important in current and future technologies. Precision engineering is defined as painstaking attention to details and requires knowledge of a wide variety of measurement, fabrication, and control issues. Precision manufacturing is defined as the manufacture of individual pieces with extreme accuracy. This type of machining is used to make parts for various machines, including medical, aeronautical, and any other industry that requires identical parts to be created in large quantities.
Precision engineering is a sub-discipline of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering, control engineering, and optical engineering. It is concerned with designing machines, fixture, and other structures that have exceptionally high tolerances, are repeatable, and are stable over time. This engineering field will aid in the advancement of various technologies that need to gain industrial competitiveness.
Precision engineering focuses on many areas such as:
- Product Design & Development
- System Design
- Manufacturing and Measurement of high accuracy Components and Systems
Precision engineering provides the following goals:
- Create a highly precise movement.
- Reduce the dispersion of the product's or part's function.
- Eliminate fitting and promote assembly, especially automatic assembly.
- Reduce the initial cost & running cost.
- Extend the life span.
- Enable the design safety factor to be lowered.
- Improve interchangeability of components so that corresponding parts made by other factories or firms can be used in their place.
- Improve quality control through higher machine accuracy capabilities and hence reduce scrap, rework, and conventional inspection.
- Achieve a greater wear/fatigue life of components.
- Achieve greater miniaturization and packing densities.
- Achieve further advances in technology and the underlying sciences.
- To improve customersʼ satisfactions by evaluating our performance with Precision-Technology (against customers' need).
- To realize total solution which provide for any type of Technological/ Machining/Fabrication/Values Servicing & Re-Engineering.
- To appreciate the challenges of manufacturing systems such as accuracy, quality, complexity and delivery for the future growth of our industrialization.
- To impart high qualitative technology in Precision Engineering.
On successful completion of this study, the student should be able to:
- Design and sketch for the high-accuracy products.
- Evaluate ultra precision engineering issues in deterministic and logical manner.
- Demonstrate fundamental understanding and critical awareness that are a consequence of random procedures.
- Critically review, assess, and evaluate the design of precision machines and motion systems based on their adherence to established principles of precision engineering.
- Demonstrate conceptual thinking to critically evaluate how stray energy influences the response of precision engineering systems.
Our precision is your advantage.